11.2.10

february 11

yearbook has been hectic this week. i've had a major deadline, which includes almost all of my pages. next week will be filled with senior superlatives and staff photos. lots of work and even more stress.

i like the new semester for the most part. art is, of course, my favorite part of the day. right now we're doing sketches of tools with ink washes, graphite, and charcoal. mrs goodnight was almost mad at me because i stopped working on my altered book. she gave me a new one and told me to start. she said that i shouldn't worry about the limitations that i have on it. that's always my problem in art. i set a really high standard for myself, and when something doesn't look exactly how i imagine it, i get so mad and just quit. i've got to stop doing that. the altered book she gave me is a small book, about a sailor, and it has lots of pictures of ships and the sea. i'm excited to start on it. there's a lot of latin verse that'll add good parts to the pages.

i'm going to try to write a little bit each day on here. i'm trying more and more to take life one day at a time.

No comments: