13.2.10

february 13

i skipped yesterday. i hate when i forget stuff like this. oh well. yesterday was our deadline in yearbook, so for the whole hour and a half i was rushing in and out of the room, taking pictures, uploading them, adding captions, sorting through them on the y drive, finalizing, and finally submitting all my pages (all 26 of them). the senior portraits were the really stressful part. and the art page was assigned to someone else who's on the staff now, but i ended up doing it. so thankfully mrs. lynn ignored my first mistake of the period. (my senior portrait spreads were supposed to be turned in at the beginning of fourth period.)

anyway, that stress is over and done with. last night at work was great for once. it started snowing while i was there, so of course mom was blowing up my phone with texts telling me to be careful and stuff. but anyway, sometimes when i'm working, doing stuff like sweeping or bussing tables, i think about all the things that i need to do. like last night, it was my sketchbook and my second graduation project editorial. and i start getting stressed out. but last night i told myself that there's no need to stress over something that i can get done. so i'm not gonna worry about it.

i'm tired of the snow. it always happens on fridays, when we're not in school, and it ruins any weekend plans that i have. but thankfully sam and i are still going to olive garden with her family tonight. i'm excited.

mrs. goodnight gave me a new altered book to start on, since i never worked on my last one anymore. i think i actually threw it away because i got so agitated with trying to get things together in it. she told me to just really take my time with it. like, a lot of time. so the book she gave me is called luther tarbox, and it's about a fisherman who loves his wife and the sea. there's really cool pictures in it. i like nautical stuff a lot anyway. i'm going to read the story first before i start on it.

my new plans for this summer: work more, buy an apartment in lexington, start dccc on august 16.

that's all for today.

2 comments:

Einstein said...

who was assigned to the art page? & did you get to finish it? i'm sorry i couldnt get more pictures. but all she had 1st semester was art 1 and they were always doing bookwork.

skylar jones said...

oh its no problem. kailey was assigned to it but didnt really do much. and i just figured i could finish it up since im in art first period. so no worries!