16.12.09

yellow ledbetter

I swear, my dad and I are two birds on the same power line. Yesterday in his letter a whole page was devoted to how much he loves Pearl Jam, and how all he does now is listen to music to keep him sane. He said, "Pearl Jam and Alice and Chains are my two favorite 'modern' bands. Ain't I cool?!" I love him. And in my previous letter, I asked him what a tattoo felt like, and he goes, "It's hard to remember, they started feeling like nothing after about the 20th one, but it's kinda like a really bad cat scratch that lasts for a few hours."

My friend Taylor's dad is in Iraq right now. She was telling me the other night how a soldier in her dad's company broke his knee. And another one of the soldiers basically went crazy and kicked the other guy - right in his broken knee. I couldn't imagine having to watch that. It's crazy how much war can psychologically affect someone. Thankfully, her dad gets to come home in January for good. I hope he makes it home safe.

I'm tired of school! I'll make a point to mention that in every one of these.

Friday we have Secret Santa in yearbook, and I'm afraid that a lot of people won't be getting (receiving) presents. Because I think a lot of the staff members will forget to buy a gift. Oh well, I need to remove my role of Mama Bear and leave things be I guess.

Gotta take a vocabulary test, L8TR!

No comments: