7.12.09

far from the moon

I get so tired of the same routine. It makes me tired just to think about it. Wake up (so early), get ready, run out the door, get to school as the bell rings, and go through all the same classes every day, and then go to work right afterwards. The only one that I actually look forward to each day is yearbook. I feel like the work I do in there is actually worthwhile. You know? Like, we take math and english, and we get good grades on the tests. But we don't actually see the "end result" until we graduate and get handed a legal piece of paper, our diploma. It all seems really useless sometimes when I stop and think about it. But in yearbook, I can actually see and picture the end result. And it makes me feel a little better. Even if half the staff drives me batty.

I worked all weekend, like usual, and Friday we actually had a good night. I made about 40 dollars in tips, which is really unusual for Randy's. Someone even left a twenty in my stocking! I almost cried. But anyway, this Friday we get paid, and hopefully I can use half of my pay to get the rest of Richie's Christmas stuff, since I finally got done buying everyone else's. It's gonna feel weird; I've never used my paycheck for something big like that. Just gas on occasion, if I ever didn't have enough money in tips. Might I just add, and I've probably said this before, but it is damn hard living off tips. Haha

I hate how my skin gets so dry in the winter. I bought some St. Ives Vitamin E lotion (the statement I just made is making me start to wonder just how interesting my life has become) and I try to put it on every night before bed, or when I take a shower. It smells really good. But I do love the winter.

^^ How pointless was that whole paragraph? It feels like this is just my mind's thoughts, except maybe a little less chaotic.

Today is nine months for me and Richie. I love you, cuddy buddy!

Yesterday my mom was in the computer room wrapping presents, and I opened the door to ask her a question. It was so funny, because as soon as I cracked the door, she took everything in her power to hide my presents with wrapping paper. It was so much confusion and paper-y noise. She makes everything so dramatic and awkward, but I do love her. I saw a Barnes and Noble bag.. and anything from there is good.

I feel like I'm never at home anymore, I never have time to spend with my family, or anyone else for that matter. Richie and I both work all the time, and it's hard to work out times to just lay in bed and watch TV. Which is better than any "date". That's why I can't wait until Christmas, when I'll be able to see my dad's family, my at-home family, my adoptive family, Richie and his entire (HUGE) family. And nooooo work on Christmas!

No comments: