17.11.09

a long bunch of thankfulness.

I feel like this year has flown by. I want to say today that I'm really thankful for my job. Last night at work was very busy. I was by myself for about three hours, and people kept pouring through the doors. Usually this stresses me out, but for some reason, last night I was just in a mood to work. My face lit up when the Atheys came in with little Matthew. He's seriously my favorite little kid in the whole world. After making three pots of coffee (which I love doing, it smells so good), I finally got to go sit down and talk to Matt. He's so funny! He wanted to help me clean off all of the tables, so I let him hand me the ketchups and move the salts and peppers. I love him. It's people like him and his family that make me love working there. Today, I am also very thankful for my ability and opportunity to learn. This year especially, I really dread coming to school each morning. But I really want to understand that I have an incredible advantage by living here. Though I do not consider myself a proud American, I am very grateful for the opportunities that my generation is receiving. I think about the children around the world who can't go to school, who would die to sit in a desk and learn about asymptotes and Hamlet like I do, and half the time, I'm complaining about another day in high school. I'm not saying that I love school, I'm just saying that I'm glad that I have a chance to really learn. On that note, I'm so thankful that I'm graduating this year. It will be great to walk across the stage and finally say that I'm moving on.

My horoscope for today says: Don't be too alarmed if you start to see or hear things that aren't there -- it's just your subconscious trying to spice things up a little! Go with the flow and things should settle down soon.

Guess I'm gonna see a ghost today.

I'm a little nervous - my phone bill is due tomorrow and I only have half of the payment ready. Only 35 more dollars to go! Hopefully we'll do good in tips at work. "Everything's gonna be alright.."

Have a good day.

No comments: