10.11.09

knick knacks

I remember a long time ago when I had so much time on my hands. I did little needleworks all the time. That was around the time when I was jobless and never took The Beatles out of the music player. I miss doing the needleworks, and now that I've started my patchwork blanket, I want to get back into sewing even more. I bought all of the fabrics for the blanket about three months ago, and amidst my busy schedule, I've managed to cut the squares, but have yet to start sewing. My mom has to get a new Singer anyway. I follow the Milkmoon blog, and I looked at all of her cute little redwork projects today, and it really inspired me to start some of my own. I'll be heading to Hobby Lobby soon for some red thread and off-white fabric! I was thinking of creating some Christmas scenes and giving them to the women in my family, if I can have a few done by then. I looked up a few, and these were some of my favorites:





I can't wait to get started on my little projects; I need to start jotting down ideas for designs. I need suggestions, especially for ones that I make for my sweet Granny.

It's that time of year again to pull out Sufjan Stevens' Christmas albums. I never get enough of his Christmas songs, especially "Sister Winter". It's a sad song, but it's just so pretty.

All my gifts I gave everything you
Your strange imagination
You threw it all away

Now my heart is
Returned to sister winter
Now my heart is
As cold as ice


I don't need to speed Christmas up, because I'm always sad when it's gone. So, I've decided to post one thing that I'm thankful for every day up until Thanksgiving. Tell me what you're thankful for!

Today, I am thankful for my math teacher. She helped me with every little question I had today about standard deviation and never lost her patience.

No comments: