20.11.09

carpe diem

Today is the day for New Moon. I'm so excited. We're taking our panorama photo today here at school, and that seems to be the only other exciting thing happening today. I meant to mention my afternoon at The Dispatch on Tuesday. I'm learning so much there! Michelle has been teaching me the dynamics of templates and how to arrange them so that they are organized and "pleasing to the eye". I've designed one. Each template will contain room for three of my editorials, so I'll have six in all, like I've mentioned before. These are the issues I'm hoping to write worthwhile articles about:

- The New Moon premiere. (I know, a lot of people are frankly sick and tired of hearing about it. But I'm not. And I'm going to write about things that interest me. These are some of the best books I've read in my life. It'll be exciting to create a mini-review about my favorite of the four being on the silver screen.)
- The genocide issue in Darfur. This will also include talk about the Lord's Resistance Army, a militant group who is essentially responsible for these mass murders. This is the editorial that will certainly intimidate me the most, being as I am not a college professor, nor have I actually witnessed the atrocities of genocide. It will be hard, but I do want to get the message across, because so many Americans are in the dark about it.
- The Graduation Project. Since I do have to endure months of its unrelenting stress, I might as well right about it, right? ..I'm iffy about this one.

That's all I have right now. I'll need three more ideas between now and Christmas, and I would love your ideas, brilliant little ones. Please feel free to give input through comments! I'm actually starting to be excited about this project. I hope that I can do a really good job. I honestly do want the staff at The Dispatch to recognize my work and take it into career consideration. Because I do want to work there, more than anything.

Today's horoscope (I have to thank Julie again for getting me more into astrology) -- Things are undoubtedly confusing, more so than they have to be. What you need right now -- and it's easy to come by -- is a shift in perspective. See things as a friend does -- or as an alien might!

Oh, I love the ones that are hard to figure out. I'll have to think about this one.

P.S. I'm so thankful that New Moon is finally ready for me and my favorite people to go see tonight. Team Edward!

No comments: